In the end, the research and numbers are what drive Balance Hitting, LLC. Life is based on understanding what the numbers mean and too many times the numbers are either ignored. The following is a sample collection of research studies, journal articles, and other digital information nodes that we believe can support any hitter in becoming the best hitter possible.
What is the COP (Center-of-Percussion) and does it matter? : The True Pivot Point
- Bat Swing Weights : Weight Below The Hands Means Something
- Physics of Baseball : Alan Natan
- Real Deal Research: Coop Derenne
- David Fortenbaugh Biomechanics of the Baseball Swing
- Coop DeRenne The Scientific Approach to Hitting
- Chaos Theory & Hitting: www.drivelinebaseball.com/tag/hitting-mechanics/
- A Comparison of Age Level on Baseball Hitting Kinematics
- Increase Hip Rotation Exercises
- Balance Boards
- Craig Wallenbrock: http://www.elevatedperformancescv.com/meetourteam (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbogZI0IDRA)
- Rick Strickland: http://www.rickstricklandbaseball.com/
- Richard Schenck: http://hittingillustrated.com
- Chas Pippitt: https://baseballrebellion.com/tag/chas-pippitt/
Training & Biomechanics
- Dr. MacKenzie completed a PhD in Sports Biomechanics at the University of Saskatchewan, which focused on 3D forward dynamics simulation of the golf swing.
Trap Bar Deadlift
- Fran Pirozzolo Neuropsychology
- Hall, Kellie G., Derek A. Domingues, and Richard Cavazos. 1994. Contextual interference effects with skilled baseball players. Perceptual and Motor Skills 78:835-841. http://www.amsciepub.com/doi/abs/10.2466/pms.19188.8.131.525
- Landin, Dennis K., Edward P. Hebert, and M. Fairweather. 1993. The effects of variable practice on performance of a basketball skill. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport 64:232-237.
- Matt Murton’s Hitting Routine: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtwC3vnb1Jc#t=172
Post – Activation Potentiation
Training and using the micro muscles of the swing are key in developing an Elastic Stretch and Kinetic Sequence. Both are absolutes in developing a dynamic and explosive on-time swing.